Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Lee Dropped to 2-gun!

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Lee Dropped to 2-gun!
How come no one is talking about this big news from last week? It's a conspiracy by Oh to keep his record safe! Oh probably thought Lee's 5 home runs were a big enough threat so he bribed Bobby to send down Lee!
Comments
Re: Lee Dropped to 2-gun!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 15, 2004 8:18 PM | YBS Fan ]

Interesting conspiracy theory.

Unfortunately, Lee is only batting .233, which those 5 home runs don't offset by much. Valentine-kantoku, who has been very patient with Lee, keeping him in the starting lineup at either first base or as the designated hitter up until May 10 (then used as a pinch hitter on May 11 before being sent down), said, "There's nothing wrong with his technique. The problem is with a lack of self confidence. His confidence should return if he's given enough at bats. But he won't have that chance at ichi-gun." [Warning: Translation of translation.] When asked about the possibility of picking up another foreign player, Valentine-kantoku replied, "absolutely not" [direct quote].

Lee is taking this well, stating, "For the fans in the Mother Country, I will strive to return as soon as possible." [Warning: Translation of probable translation.]

With only one win in the month of May so far (Komiyama's win on May 8, his first win since returning to action after a season off), Bobby is starting to feel the heat. Their winning streak against Daiei ended last night (May 14), and they got blown away this afternoon 21-0 by the Hawks.

With the exception of today, Lotte's pitching staff has been the best (ERA-wise) in the Pacific League. It's the bats that have been failing to win close games. Hori may be the next regular to go down for a "refresh." If Lotte had a speedy, sure handed shortstop on the farm with a decent batting average, Kosaka could find his job in jeopardy as well.
Re: Lee Dropped to 2-gun!
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: May 19, 2004 2:32 PM | YAK Fan ]

Actually MuKa, if you think about it, I'd bet that Oh would pay money to keep Lee at the pro level, so the Lotte Marines wouldn't have a chance at the playoffs. I mean, with Lee hitting poorly, and let's face it, 5 home runs a month isn't anywhere near a threat to the HR record, the Marines would be less of a threat to beat Daiei.

If you want to talk conspiracy, then lets talk about what Giant's owner Watanabe will do if ("I forgot to renew my driver's license") Tuffy Rhodes gets near that record, now that he's with the Giants.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.