Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Your favorite Yakyu Card

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Your favorite Yakyu Card
Hello, Nichi-Bei Yakyu fans.

What are some of your favorite cards? I started my Nichi-Bei collection 3 years ago. I have covered N-B players from the 1950's to present (my oldest is a rookie card of Cletis Boyer, a Taiyo star and a coach). Now I would like to know your favorites!

For example, I think that 1991 Upper Deck #702 is a very cool one for a Tuffy Rhodes' fan to own (and it's affordable if you find it). This card depics a trio of Astros' Prospects: Bag-pipe, Gonzo, and Rhodes. I guess I don't need to introduce the career of Bagwell and Luis Gonzalez. Three all-stars (then rookies) in one picture.

I am looking forward to finding out your personal best!

Sincerely,

Yuki Sei (sigbotchan)
Comments
Re: Your favorite Yakyu Card
[ Author: sigbotchan | Posted: Apr 25, 2004 5:35 PM ]

Hello, Nichi-Bei fans.

My local card show visiting was successful. Here are some of the good findings of the day (4/24):

1) Randy Bass RC: '79 Topps #707
2) Rich Gale RC: '79 Topps #298
3) Adrian Garrett/Garry Jestadt RC: '71 Topps #576 *Cubs Prospects
4) Bob Horner RC: '79 Topps #586
5) Roger Repoz: 1966 Topps #138
6) Mike Easler RC: '78 Topps #710
7) Wes Parker: 1966 Topps #134

I am also happy to come up with my first Jose Fernandez card. I never had one.

I bought dozens, and I could especially improve my late-1970's collection. They were mostly surprisingly cheap, and I had a good time talking with a dealer about Nichi-Bei players.

Well, I am looking forward to heariing your opinions about your favorite Nichi-Bei cards!

Yuki Sei (sigbotchan)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.