Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Interesting Throwback Merchandise at Yakyu Shop

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Interesting Throwback Merchandise at Yakyu Shop
FYI, apparently there is a company in Japan is producing "throwback" hats and jerseys. They've got old logos for the Fighters, Whales, Buffaloes, Orions (now Marines), and Crown Lighter Lions (now Seibu). Maybe a little pricey for some, but the quality is pretty good (I've got the Buffs and Fighters caps) and they run big (the caps).
Comments
Re: Interesting Throwback Merchandise at Yakyu Shop
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 16, 2007 9:50 AM | CLM Fan ]

I bought an Iguchi jersey from them a while back and the quality was awful. Stitching was poor and the jersey wasn't even realistic. It was like a mesh t-shirt with buttons sewed on. In other words, it didn't open up at all.
[ Author: Guest: hillsy | Posted: Jul 16, 2007 12:33 PM ]

Man, sorry to hear that. I can only vouch for the caps as I haven't bought any jerseys.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 17, 2007 9:26 AM | CLM Fan ]

Yeah. It says "faux button up" now, but that sure wasn't there when I made my purchase. Cost double the price they have up now, too. I can't say I recommend them for jerseys at least.
[ Author: Guest: YakyuShop | Posted: Jul 19, 2007 7:52 PM ]

BigManZam,

Look, I know you weren't happy with your purchase, because you've mentioned this before on another thread. I'm very sorry about that, and as I offered before, if you'd like to contact us then we'll see what we can do to resolve the issue. We didn't hear from you at the time, so it's hardly fair to complain about our service so long after the event without even having given us a chance to fix things.

We've always indicated when a jersey is a faux button up, and we always try to be honest and upfront about everything we sell, but you should know that we are restricted to what products the teams make available. The quality varies, but we've got no control over that. But these new throwbacks are actually very good, made mostly by Mizuno.

You mention prices, and again, I should point out that we try to keep the prices down as much as possible. Obviously the exchange rate is a factor, but we certainly don't gouge our customers. The prices you see fairly reflect, we believe, the cost of obtaining the product with a reasonable markup (we are a business after all).
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Jul 16, 2007 10:51 PM | SL Fan ]

I didn't know that the Lions had been using the same font since the Crown Lighter days (until very recently, of course). Neat.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jul 17, 2007 5:10 PM | NIP Fan ]

Oh my god. You have no idea how tempting it is to get a Fighters throwback jersey with Nishizaki #21 or something like that. Except I think it's too bright for me to ever wear in public.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Jul 17, 2007 8:45 PM | HT Fan ]

I've ordered merchandise from Yakyu Shop in the past, (including the 1943 Throwback Hanshin Tigers jersey) and have always been pleased with the quality of their stuff and quick delivery. Some of the clothing is actually very low-priced compared to similar baseball merchandise (check out the MLB team stores), and even their highest-priced shirts simply match similarly-priced products at Mitchell & Ness, Ebbets Field Flannels, or the like.
[ Author: hillsy | Posted: Jul 18, 2007 12:37 AM | CD Fan ]

Do it, Deanna! That'd be great to be walking around downtown Seattle, and seeing someone wearing that Fighters jersey!
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jul 18, 2007 10:52 AM | NIP Fan ]

Except for the part where I'm moving to Tokyo in 2 weeks, so you wouldn't see me around Seattle. But other than that, sure!
[ Author: Guest: hillsy | Posted: Jul 19, 2007 3:52 AM ]

Wow, congrats (I assume)! I'm jealous. I like Seattle enough, but it's getting to be those yearly trips to Japan just aren't doing it for me anymore. Good luck!
[ Author: Kerry Von Erich | Posted: Jul 19, 2007 9:04 AM | OBs Fan ]

I ordered the Buffaloes' throwback hat and jersey customized with #11 Nomo yesterday. I'm hoping the quality is good. I've been wanting one of those jerseys for years now, and I finally was able to order one. I can't wait for it to get here. On the site they say it takes about 30-45 days.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.