Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Best Japanese First Baseman

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Best Japanese First Baseman
Who is the best first baseman with Japanese citizenship in any of your respectful opinions? Could you please post a link with stats or just give the stats with the player. Thank you.
Comments
Re: Best Japanese First Baseman
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Dec 25, 2002 5:23 PM | HT Fan ]

Hmmmm, that's interesting.
Could it be Kiyohara when he's not injured?
[ Author: Dusanh | Posted: Dec 26, 2002 2:09 AM ]

In 1990 perhaps...

Kiyohara has had a nice career with 450 homeruns. But I have to say, I've been kind of disappointed. If I remember correctly, turning pro from PL Gakuen and hitting 31 homers in his rookie season made him the Hideki Matsui of the late 80s to early 90s. Unfortunately, Kiyohara's rookie year was one of the best years in his career.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 25, 2002 11:29 PM ]

By far, Ogasawara...!
[ Author: seiyu | Posted: Jan 3, 2003 2:23 AM ]

Kiyohara was until several years ago.
But I agree with Ogasawara being the best.
He is really good.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 22, 2003 10:56 AM ]

Kiyohara and Ogaswara are by far the best Japanese 1st basemen. In the MLB the best 1st basemen are Jason Giambi of the New York Yankees and Jim Thome of the Philidalphia Phillies.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.