Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Leading!

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
NPB Leading!
I just got home from the Fall Kanazawa-ku Softball Tournament party to find that Japan is leading 8-1 going to the bottom of the 7th. (MLB is the home team tonight.) Can anyone fill me in on what's happened? Or is everyone still asleep at this hour?
Comments
Uehara Dominates Bonds and Giambi
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 10, 2002 8:49 PM | YBS Fan ]

I just heared an interview with Giants' ace Uehara, who I thought should have started last night for the Giants. The announcer commented that he struck out Bonds and Giambi five times between them.

When asked about going to the Majors, he laughed nervously and said that he couldn't comment on that.
Cabrera Shows Stuff
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 10, 2002 11:47 PM ]

Congratulations Cabrera! Cabrera had two hits and a sacrfice fly today, one of the hits being a homerun going into the left field bleachers. In an interview soon after, Cabrera also mentioned how his years in the majors were really hard for him. He seemed to have an attitude of anger when the majors was mentioned. Why shouldn't he be? Such a great player, and he was still not signed by the DBacks, his original team.

It's kind of strange though, that if you lined him up with all the MLB players, he would probably be in the top 3 in terms of size. It's still amazing that no other MLB team picked him up....
Re: Cabrera Shows Stuff
[ Author: Dusanh | Posted: Nov 11, 2002 4:23 AM ]

Yes go Cabrera go! I've always thought the way he played in the past two years should be good enough for 30+ homers in the majors, now he has the chance to prove it. I also believe that, at this moment, the all-around best hitter in NPB is not Matsui, but Cabrera.
Re: NPB Leading!
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Nov 12, 2002 9:26 AM | HT Fan ]

No doubt about it, NPB have given the MLB a bath in both games so far.

Cabrera's HRs were exciting but expected, but wasn't it good to see people like Kokubo and Imaoka putting them away? Excellent stuff.

Looking forward to game 3.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.