Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Re-run of Enatsu's No-hitter

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Re-run of Enatsu's No-hitter
Did anyone else here bump into the replay of Enatsu's 11-inning no-hit/no-run game vs. the Dragons re-broadcast this week (maybe only on Ch. 36 in Kansai)? I had somehow missed the fact that it ended with Enatsu hitting a sayonara home run to win it.

The 1980's game (I've only seen a very few complete games from the mid-/early 1980s or earlier) was so different from the game I began watching here in '92, with a weird, amaturish feel to the fan energy, very many skinny, small players, and an endless wait (up to 90 seconds) between pitches. Cheeses! I wish I'd taped it for study!

Kansai 36 sometimes replays old, famous Tigers' games, but mostly from the early '90s, if you're interested and lucky enough to notice them being broadcast.
Comments
Re: Re-run of Enatsu's No-hitter
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Aug 8, 2005 1:18 PM | HT Fan ]

Right. Sun TV broadcasts old Tiger's games.

<digression>
Isn't that great? Any network channel would fill up dead time with informercials or insipid "variety" shows, but Sun TV (which could easily re-name itself "Tigers TV") knows it can get ratings with classic Hanshin games. You gotta love living in Kansai.
</digression>

That's about the third time I've seen that Enatsu no-hit/no-run game (other regular broadcasts include Shinjo's dramatic "sayonara" home-run back in the mid-90s). If you want to tape the Enatsu game, just wait until winter and it'll be on again.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.