Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tickets?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Tickets?
Does anyone know the best way to get tickets to a game in Tokyo? Or if scalping legal and an option?

I'm going to be in Tokyo July 21-31 and was looking to see a game during my visit, but I'm having a hard time finding any info online.

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Tickets?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 13, 2005 8:03 AM ]

- Or if scalping legal and an option?

Scalping, to my knowledge, is illegal.

E+ [Link] is like Ticketmaster in the United States, they sell tickets to events in Japan. The only problem is the site is in Japanese.

You might also be able to buy tickets at the box office at the game.
Re: tickets...
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Jul 13, 2005 9:07 AM | TYS Fan ]

OK. Your options are:

Yomiuri Giants - They have series against the Hanshin Tigers July 26-28 followed by the Chunichi Dragons 29-31. I would say your chances of getting tickets for the Hanshin games are slim to none so if you fancy a Giants game then the Chunichi series is probably your best bet. I don't know too much about getting tickets for Giants games so I'll defer to others here. But I imagine if you turn up pretty early then there's a good chance at getting an unreserved outfield ticket or failing that a standing room ticket.

Although I believe scalping is technically illegal, I've picked up tickets from touts for games on a few occasions before with no problems. There are many guys selling tickets along the routes from the stations to Tokyo Dome. The only problem with this is you don't always know what part of the stadium you're buying a ticket for, but it doesn't really matter if the price is good. Just show an attendant the ticket and they'll direct you to the correct gate.

Yakult Swallows - They have a series at Jingu Stadium against the Hiroshima Carp July 26-28. You will have no trouble whatsoever getting any number of tickets on the day at the stadium. Though these games won't be as well attended as the Giants games (around 10,000 people) if you get unreserved outfield tickets (1500 yen) and sit in the rightfield stands (near the guys with the flags and trumpets) you can't fail to have a good time. Gate 18 will get you where you want to be and you can get the tickets from the ticket office just around from there.

Hope that's of some help.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 14, 2005 8:35 AM ]

Thank you both for your quick replies. Your knowledge will be most helpful.

Cheers!
[ Author: Guest: Tom in ATL | Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:51 AM ]

Sorry to jump in late on this most entertaining thread. I will be in Tokyo August 7 and am planning to see the Swallows host the Giants. In spite of the sorry attendance I am reading about at Jingu, I am concerned about Giants fans buying up the tickets. Will I be able to get tickets on the day of the game? Laid back fans, never winning it all - it will be like Turner Field to me!

I am also planning to go to Chiba to give Bobby Valentine the business. It looks like Chiba Stadium is very similar to Shea, but I plan on going anyway. Or should I go to Seibu instead?

Thanks in advance.

["Entertaining" flame war deleted on July 29, 2005 JST. It's a shame that several informative posts were lost with them.]
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Jul 19, 2005 8:07 AM | HAN Fan ]

I watched the match (Giants/Swallows) yesterday and the ground while crowded definitely wasnt' full. You should have no problem buying tickets for the match. It would be best to sit on the Swallows side as the Giants side might be sold out.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Jul 19, 2005 1:04 PM | TYS Fan ]

- I watched the match (Giants/Swallows) yesterday and the ground while crowded definitely wasnt' full. You should have no problem buying tickets for the match. It would be best to sit on the Swallows side as the Giants side might be sold out.

Me too and what a game to forget.

Yes, you should have no problems picking up tickets on the day. See my original reply for more detailed instructions for how to get tickets/where to go.

One thing to note for the Giants games is that, while there will probably be ample choice of more expensive infield seats available, the outfield seats (both left for Giants fans and Right for Swallows) will most likely fill up completely, so make sure you get to the game a little before the game starts so you get a choice of seats.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.