Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

New Home Run Record

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
New Home Run Record
I would be curious if people think anyone can break the current single season home run record? If so, who has the best shot?
Comments
Re: New Home Run Record
[ Author: Guest: BlackBee | Posted: Apr 7, 2007 4:25 PM ]

I think Tyrone Woods (Dragons) and Lee Seung Yeop (Giants) have a pretty good chances, if they stay healthy. Other people that should contend are Matsunaka (Hawks), Zuleta (Marines), Kanemoto (Tigers), Cabrera (Seibu), etc.

I have a feeling that the record will be broken this season.

BB
Re: New Home Run Record
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 8, 2007 1:57 PM | CLM Fan ]

Woods will definitely be up there. Matsunaka's days of hitting tons of homers are probably over. He'll be lucky to hit 20 this year with the angle he hits the ball. Kanemoto has been a 20-30 homer guy his entire career. I don't see that trend changing when he's close to 40 years old. Cabrera is in the same stage of his career as Matsunaka. His days of 40+ homers are probably over.

In my opinion, I think if he stays healthy and focused, Tuffy Rhodes will be challenging that title again this year. He's a man on a mission this year.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.