Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2005 Best Nine

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
2005 Best Nine
Per request from the post in Open Talk.
    Central League                       Pacific League
(1) Hiroki Kuroda (HC) P (1) Toshiya Sugiyama (FSH)
(2) Akihiro Yano (HT) C (6) Kenji Johjima (FSH)
(1) Takahiro Arai (HC) 1B (1) Julio Zuleta (FSH)
(2) Masahiro Araki (CD) 2B (1) Yuuichi Hori (CLM)
(*) Makoto Imaoka (HT) 3B (1) Toshiaki Imae (CLM)
(3) Hirokazu Ibata (CD) SS (1) Tsuyoshi Nishioka (CLM)
(5) Tomoaki Kanemoto (HT) OF (*) Kazuhiro Wada (SL)
(1) Norichika Aoki (YS) OF (1) Katsuhiko Miyaji (FSH)
(2) Norihiro Akahoshi (HT) OF (1) Matt Franco (CLM)
DH (*) Nobuhiko Matsunaka (FSH)
(The *'s are -- Imaoka won twice as a second baseman but this is his first at 3B, Wada won as a DH once but this is his third consecutive in the outfield, and Matsunaka won three times as a 1B but this is his first as a DH.)

Does it strike anyone else as weird that Nishioka won Best Nine as a shortstop and Golden Glove as a second baseman?
Comments
Re: 2005 Best Nine
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 14, 2005 11:41 AM ]

That's Japanese baseball for ya! I also love the limits they put on how many foreigners are allowed to be on the All-Star team. Nice! I can understand a limit for the regular season, but the All-Star game is for the best players.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Nov 14, 2005 2:55 PM | HAN Fan ]

What strikes me as strange is that Imaoka won the Best Third Base award for the Central League. His batting was phenominal, true, but his fielding was not good.
[ Author: Jen Wei | Posted: Nov 28, 2005 6:44 PM | HNHF Fan ]

I feel that in Central League got 3 outfielders of the new generation. They are Shima, Tamura, and Aoki. Especially compared to the past few years, there's a lot of difference.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.