Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Daisuke Ikenaga

Discussion in the Independent Leagues forum
Daisuke Ikenaga
According to the European site mister-baseball.com, former US independent leaguer and German Bundesliga player Daisuke Ikenaga played in an independent league in Japan last year. Can someone help me identify which team and league he played in?
Comments
Re: Daisuke Ikenaga
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 2, 2010 3:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

Is this the Daisuke Ikenaga (池永大輔) who played SS/2B for the Japan Samurai Bears a number of years ago?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 2, 2010 3:55 PM | YBS Fan ]

Looks like it was. I found this [Yakyu Diary] dated October 8, 2008:
It was announced that Daisuke Ikenaga (IF) for BC League's Niigata has been released. Ikenaga played for the Golden Baseball League's Samurai Bears, Long Beach Armada, Germany's Baseball-Bundesliga's Mainz Athletics, and others.
In the comments section, somebody mentions that he was released to pursue an opportunity in Australia.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 15, 2010 11:13 AM ]

he will be going to germany in 2010.
[ Author: Guest: Daisuke Fan. | Posted: May 10, 2011 5:00 AM ]

He is playing in france in 2011. and He will be infield coach for French U21 National team in July. They're gonna have few games against USA versity college team from July 18th to 22nd in Rouen.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.