Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live: April 30 - Dragons vs. BayStars

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live: April 30 - Dragons vs. BayStars
Sakura have all fallen from the trees here in the Kanto area as we go into Golden Week. And that's where we'll be as the Yokohama BayStars play host to the defending Central League champions Chunichi Dragons at Yokohama Stadium this Saturday, April 30. Game time this Saturday will be 1:30pm JST.

Information on tuning in live or downloading the mp3 of the game after the game are available here. Saturday afternoon worked well for those of you on the west coast of the U.S. before (being Friday night). I hope some of you can tune in live.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live: April 30 - Dragons vs. BayStars
[ Author: Samurai Gratz | Posted: Apr 29, 2005 2:04 PM | HC Fan ]

By my calculation, 1:30 pm JST equates to 12:30 a.m. that morning in U.S. Eastern Standard, Daylight Savings Time. Does that sound about right to anyone in the know? I'll try to tune in, if I can!

Alan Gratz
Atlanta, GA, USA
[ Author: Samurai Gratz | Posted: Apr 30, 2005 2:05 PM | HC Fan ]

I was off by an hour or so - the game was already a few innings underway when I joined. Back to the time conversion drawing board.

Even so, I was able to tune in for about a half an hour tonight (just in time for the scoring to begin), and enjoyed the broadcast. Thanks, Westbay-san!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 30, 2005 5:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've tried to figure time zones out before, but Day Light Savings Time always messes me up. Fortunately, there is none in Japan, so time remains constant.

Nonetheless, those that could make it got to experience a great come from behind victory by the BayStars. This game resembled the pattern of the championship team in 1998, coming through with a "machine gun offense" of hits in the 7th, 8th, and (if necessary) 9th.

Furthermore, Kroon matched the Japan record of 158 kph with a fast ball to Ibata. He's impressed me each time I've managed to catch him. With the Daimajin out, it looks like he'll be an effective closer. We sure do need one.

You can download the full 23MB MP3 file here. Enjoy!
[ Author: Guest: Shannon Scott | Posted: May 2, 2005 7:34 AM ]

Way to go Kroon - looks like you are doing just as great with the BayStars as you did for the Sky Sox. Keep up the good work - we could definately use you back here for the Sox. You are missed.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.