Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live: Figthers vs. Marines

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live: Figthers vs. Marines
It's kind of short notice, but I'll be hosting the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters vs. Chiba Lotte Marines live tonight on Pro Yakyu Live. The game time is 6:15 pm JST. Mirabal will be facing Shimizu. I hope that a few of you can tune in this evening for a listen. If not, the game will be archived for downloading and playback on your MP3 player at your leisure.

I talked with an English professor from Osaka yesterday, and he said that he's considering using my audio broadcasts for his classes. I think that's a great idea, and is why I distribute the audio files under a Creative Commons license - to enable sharing, not limit it. What other creative uses are there, to empower culture and art?

I still haven't decided on a set schedule for Pro Yakyu Live broadcasts, but think that Friday nights will be the best for the time being (Friday, April 15 excepted). With the kids getting into sports, weekend afternoons are getting rather full. The "family friendly" Pacific League tends to have mostly day games on weekends, as we saw last year with the Game of the Week, so I want to avoid committing to night games on weekends (except when Friday doesn't work out, like next week - PTA meeting).

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy Pro Yakyu Live.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live: Figthers vs. Marines
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 8, 2005 11:01 PM | YBS Fan ]

Due to technical difficulties (I forgot that I had setup the steaming server to only allow two streams, and had two going), I was a little late getting started this evening. But once up, everything went smoothly.

I tried to get more information in tonight between innings, to fill up that blank space with something informative. But I'm kind of mixed on how well it went over. I think I need to do some rehearsing first. I had an idea of what I wanted to say, but don't think I delivered it well. More practice is needed.

Anyway, the game is up here [19MB MP3]. Please feel free to copy and redistribute the file, in whole or in part, provided you give credit to where you got it from.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.