Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hiroshima and Nippon Ham Tryouts

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Hiroshima and Nippon Ham Tryouts
This is a public service announcement for players looking to play in Japan. Please contact your agent to handle any communications. Do not post resumes here.

The Hiroshima Toyo Carp will be having a tryout on September 15, 2008 at Hiroshima Shimin Kyujyo. They are looking for players, male, between the ages of 17 and 24 at least 175 cm tall. Proof of elegibility is required (i.e. not under contract with other leagues or eligible for the draft). For more details, contact the Carp front office at 082-221-2040 (or 81-82-221-2040 outside of Japan).

The Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters will be holding tryouts at their Chiba facilities on October 4, 2008. You must be 24 years of age or younger, be able to run 50 meters within 6.5 seconds, and meet eligibility requirements (such as not covered under the draft system for school students and/or not under contract by another professional or semi-professional team). Personal histories (resumes?) must be mailed in before September 25, 2008. For details, call 011-857-3939 (or 81-11-857-3939 outside if Japan). You most likely be required to speak in Japanese, so have your Japan-knowledgeable agent take care of this.

While not mentioned in these notices (in Nikkan Sports), travel and lodging expenses are generally borne by the players trying out. They are really looking for local talent that may have been overlooked. But I promised you players to keep an eye out for tryouts, so if you're not in the area but can afford the expense, I wish you the best. Gambatte.

Note: I am not a player agent. Several have left contact information here if you don't have one. As I say in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), I strongly recommend having an agent with experience in Japan to handle all necessary communication. Please read the FAQ in full before asking any questions.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.