Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

JBC Day at Chiba Marine - Sept 15

Discussion in the NPB News forum
JBC Day at Chiba Marine - Sept 15
The "Watch Pro Yakyu" group is planning another get together at Chiba Marine Stadium for September 15. Our first get together was rained out last Sunday (August 24), but the six of us went to a nearby yakitori restaurant and talked about baseball present, past, and future.

Deanna and I have managed to get one of the picnic boxes reserved for the August September 15 (Monday - national holiday) Lotte game against the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks. A picnic box is a patio with a table and some lawn chairs at the top of the first level of seats on the third base side, back above the dugout. During my tour of Chiba Marine Stadium before the season started, I swore that I'd watch a game from there the first chance I got.

Nonetheless, the picnic box comes with 5 tickets (for a total of 15,000 yen), but only 3 from our group are currently able to make this game. Before we go off inviting other friends and relatives outside the JapaneseBaseball.com community, we figured that we'd put the word out here for a couple more in the Kanto area to join the mailing list (where we discuss this sort of thing in more detail).

The Mailing List: I've set up a mailing list for people to discuss going to games. This mailing list is not specifically for this game. It's for people living in Japan who want to try to hook up with others to see a game. There are currently 7 members, including one in Kyushu, so if you're interested in going to the game in Chiba or perhaps another game at some other time, please send a message to me at my handle @japanesebaseball.com.

[Edited by: Moderator on Aug 28, 2008 10:38 PM JST]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.