Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! July 3, 2008

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! July 3, 2008
It's been a while since I've been able to bring you a live broadcast, but I'm free tonight (July 3) at around 6:00 pm JST [World Clock - check for time in your time zone].

Voting for the matchup is going on on the Pro Yakyu Live mailing list. The matchup will either be the Marines (Karakawa) vs. Rakuten (Domingo) or Seibu (Hoashi) vs. Nippon Ham (Darvish). As much as I'd like to see if Karakawa can bounce back, I agree with one poster who said that the top two teams battling it out deserve an airing.

If you want to be on the mailing list for e-mail notifications of when broadcasts will be, reply with your name and e-mail address and I'll add you. (E-mail addresses will be removed from posts - messages just about joining will be deleted.)

Nonetheless, hope to have you all tune in this evening for the game.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! July 3, 2008
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 3, 2008 9:45 PM | YBS Fan ]

Argh! I didn't record the game. Did anyone out there record the stream?

Darvish wasn't invincible, but thanks to a big 5-run 6th inning came through with the win. Micheal gave up a run closing out, but managed to hold on for a 6-4 win.

Sorry about not having a podcast for you this evening.

Oh, and speaking of podcasts, there has been talk on and off over the past few years about doing a "This Week in Pro Yakyu" Internet radio show similar to Pro Yakyu Live! Is there interest in such a show? How many have Skype with microphones and would be interested in "calling in"? And how likely is it that we can get volunteers to submit scripts (articles?) for such a show? If you want to write and present your own reports, you'll just need Skype and and a microphone.

Well, sorry about the lack of game log this time. We'll try to fix that for the Central League game next week.
[ Author: NiGHTS | Posted: Jul 4, 2008 1:03 PM | TYS Fan ]

I would love to have a podcast. While I wouldn't be able to contribute as I don't really know much about the sport, I think it would be great to listen to.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Abrahamsson | Posted: Jul 4, 2008 5:50 AM ]

Great initiative. I've just recently seen a few games from Japan and I love it. There's really a difference. And plus it's hard to watch because I live in Sweden.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.