Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pending Update to Albright's Guru Site

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pending Update to Albright's Guru Site
I'm getting close enough to finishing the reevaluation of my rating systems and their results, and upgrading the materials for better readability and navigation. I'm down to putting the links into my index, though I've got over 1,700 such links to type and test before it's ready. That will take me over a week, I'd think.

However, I'm posting this now so that if anyone wants to archive any of the articles based on the old rating system or statistics for players who are chosen based upon those ratings, you may want to download them now so you have them. I will be overwriting the old articles and a few of the data pages so that any links to the old articles will be to the same subject in almost all cases as the new ones. The pages in question can be found at 1) The career pitching and batting data found by links in the data archive on the stats page and 2) the articles through the links from my top page.

Jim Albright
Comments
Re: Pending Update to Albright's Guru Site
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Sep 7, 2004 11:07 AM ]

Most (but not all) of my updated and new articles have now been posted. I'll let you know when it all has been posted.

Jim Albright
Revisions Complete
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Sep 15, 2004 1:21 AM ]

The revisions are now complete! The Japanese Baseball historical pages at baseballguru.com have a lot of new stuff and have had a general overhaul. For details on what's new and what's different on the pages, please see this page: [Link]

Jim Albright
2 New Articles + 2d Week of Players of the Week
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Sep 19, 2004 3:34 AM ]

I've posted 2 new articles and my second set of Players of the Week. For more information, go here [BaseballGuru.com].

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.