Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Seibu, Bocachica Reach Agreement

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Seibu, Bocachica Reach Agreement
The Seibu Lions have reached an agreement with outfielder Hiram Bocachica [Baseball-Reference] on a one year deal worth 50 million yen.

Bocachica batted .200/.261/.325 with 2 HR's and 5 RBI in 33 games and 80 AB's between the Oakland A's and San Diego Padres. He's batted .215/.272/.355 with 15 HR's and 37 RBI in 272 games and 535 AB's in 8 seasons.

Source: Japan Ball
Comments
Re: Seibu, Bocachica Reach Agreement
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 4, 2007 2:08 AM ]

Guess he signed a while ago. His website is all set up with Lions stuff.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Dec 4, 2007 2:27 PM | NIP Fan ]

That's actually a fan-run site, though they have some contact with Hiram. I met those people a while back at some Mariners games back when Bocachica was on the M's. They used to have this awesome "BOCACHIRO" sign that they'd hold up in the outfield.

To be honest, most of what I remember from Bocachica was awesome defense and an average bat that was partially probably killed by Safeco (which is death to righties). One time late in the 2004 season, Bocachica was playing right field and Ichiro was DHing that day, and someone hit a long fly ball out to right field. The ball was caught and thrown in like a gunshot to third, so the runner at second didn't even think about running.

A few people around me were like "Yeah! Area 51! Don't go on Ichiro!"

A minute or two later I said "Hey, you guys? That awesome Ichiro throw? That wasn't Ichiro. That's Hiram Bocachica!"

They looked at me kind of funny. "Who?"

Anyway, I hope he does well here, even though I'm not a Lions fan. I always kind of liked the guy and he had one of the more fun names to say on the team (and is actually pretty pronounceable in Japanese, too)!
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Nov 9, 2008 10:35 PM ]

The Lions won the Championship today. Bochchica made a good deal, aye.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.