Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Marines Release Foreigners

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Marines Release Foreigners
The Chiba Lotte Marines have released the following players: Rick Short (127 games, .303 avg., 12 HR, 58 RBI), Derrick May (30 games, .246 avg., 5 HR, 19 RBI), and Brian Sikorski (3.157 ERA, 82 2/3 inn., 4-6 W-L).

Can someone explain to me why Rick short was released? His stats are OK, so I don't understand why?

Was Derrick May injured so that he played only 30 games? In 2002 his stat were decent (136 games, .273 avg., 23 HR, 90 RBI). This was Derrick's third year in Japan. It was also Sikorsky's third year.

I hope they all find new teams in Japan.
Comments
Re: Marines Release Foreigners
[ Author: tfk22587 | Posted: Nov 22, 2003 10:56 AM ]

Why on earth did Chiba release Short, or Sikorski for that matter? They bring in a American manager, yet rid themselves of their foreign ball players. This makes less sense to me than the Mets getting A-Rod!
Re: Marines Release Foreigners
[ Author: Guest: George Steinbrennernot | Posted: Dec 1, 2003 11:58 AM ]

Maybe Bobby V. has his own gaijin in mind?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.