Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Marines Interested in Cust

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Marines Interested in Cust
The Chiba Lotte Marines are interested in Padres outfielder Jack Cust [FOX Sports].

Cust [Baseball Reference] has batted .222/.331/.389 with 5 HRs and 19 RBI in 70 games and 144 ABs with the Diamondbacks, Rockies, Orioles, and Padres over his 5 year career. He batted .293/.467/.549 with 30 HR's and 77 RBI in 138 games and 441 AB's with AAA Portland last year. [Minor League Stats - Minor League Baseball]
Comments
Re: Marines Interested in Cust
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 7, 2007 1:48 AM | CLM Fan ]

Wow, so I guess the question is, coincidence or thanks to JapaneseBaseball.com? Personally, as a Marines fan, I don't want him. Our outfield defense is terrible enough as it is. We have Benny, Julio Zuleta, Matt Watson, and they want to add Jack Cust? Why don't we get Jose Fernandez to play third again?

With the Marines' bats being as bad as they are, I guess I can't really blame them. Looks like they got tired of waiting for some of the young guys to show up.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Apr 7, 2007 8:31 AM | SFT Fan ]

- Wow, so I guess the question is, coincidence or thanks to JapaneseBaseball.com?

Yeah that or some kind of deja vu.

Though switching to Cust, they probably want him as a DH. It's very unlikely he'll see much outfield play with his defense. Time will tell.
[ Author: Guest: puddin head | Posted: Apr 8, 2007 3:03 PM ]

Cust is your basic lawn ornament in the outfield. Definitely needs to be a DH.
[ Author: Guest: puddin head | Posted: May 5, 2007 1:31 PM ]

Cust is back in the Bigs. Oakland called him up from Sacramento today. It's the Moneyball philosophy, on base percentage and all that. He may still be in Japan soon. Oakland is just in a bind right now, with a lot of injuries.
Cust Out, Bigbie In?
[ Author: Guest: aroy | Posted: Jun 5, 2007 11:13 AM ]

With Mike Piazza on the DL for Oakland, Cust has taken over as DH. But there's another left-hand hitting outfielder available for Lotte: Larry Bigbie, released by the Dodgers on June 1.
Re: Cust Out, Bigbie In?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jun 5, 2007 2:11 PM | CLM Fan ]

I think the Marines are doing so well right now, they don't want to even begin messing with the "wa" of the team. The current team is reminding me a lot of the 2005 Bobby Magic team.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.