Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tuffy To Return

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Tuffy To Return
Longtime slugger Tuffy Rhodes will return to NPB, signing a one year contract with the Orix Buffaloes [Japan Ball] worth $400,000.

Rhodes will wear #8, Nakamura's old number. It's good to see Tuffy back in NPB, here's hoping that he puts up more good numbers.

Rhodes has batted .285/.377/.551 with 360 HRs and 993 RBI in 1,316 games and 5,016 ABs.
Comments
Re: Tuffy To Return
[ Author: Animaru Resulie | Posted: Mar 3, 2007 5:17 PM | HT Fan ]

Way to go Tuffy! This makes me look forward to the Senior Citizens Special with Tuffy batting against Kudoh of the BayStars, and Yoshii pitching for the Buffaloes. My dentures and wheelchair are rattling in anticipation.
Re: Tuffy To Return
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Mar 9, 2007 12:49 AM ]

Well, I must eat crow a bit on this one as I didn't expect him to make the team. But with Kiyohara out maybe that's what tipped it for Tuffy.

It's a long season, let's see if Tuffy can hit better than .220 this year. And not strike out every third at bat.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.