Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Dragons Release Guzman

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Dragons Release Guzman
The Chunichi Dragons released pitcher Domingo Guzman [Japan Ball]. Guzman asked the Dragons to be placed on waivers.

Guzman [NPB-BIS Official Site- In Japanese], went 2-2 with a 3.93 ERA in 4 games.
Comments
Re: Dragons Release Guzman
[ Author: Dragsfan | Posted: Aug 15, 2006 2:01 PM | CD Fan ]

Nuts. I was hoping he'd bounce back and give us some good starts. Anyone know how he was doing in ni-gun?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Aug 15, 2006 8:37 PM | SFT Fan ]

He was 0-2 with a 0.60 ERA in 3 games with the Dragons' ni-gun team.

Source: Dragons Ni-gun Stats [NPB-BIS Official Site - In Japanese]
[ Author: Dragsfan | Posted: Aug 16, 2006 8:24 AM | CD Fan ]

D'oh! I hate that! He was sent down in May! I hope the reason he only pitched in three games in three months in the minors was that he was hurt (which is not to say I hope he was hurt). I'm glad he didn't die of boredom. If he's not pitching, how is he going to improve, or show people he has improved enough to get back up with the top team?

Do any Japanese teams know what to do with their ni-gun? Pro Yakyu could be so much better if they'd get their brains around the "player development" concept, but when I feel cynical I think all the teams want to do is wait for the Giants to come in a sell out the stadium - not to be competitive, not to invest in their own future, not to strap on a clue about marketing and promotions.

Thanks for the stats Jbroks86!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.