Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kokubo Lost for Season

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Kokubo Lost for Season
According to the Daily Yomiuri, "the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks have lost Hiroki Kokubo for the rest of the season, after the second baseman was examined at a Los Angeles hospital and found to have ruptured a right knee ligament.

Kokubo will undergo surgery later this month and go through six months of rehabilitation, ruling him out for the season."

This also pushes back Kokubo's pending free agency.
Comments
Re: Kokubo Lost for Season
[ Author: Guest: Will | Posted: Mar 25, 2003 11:46 PM ]

Sorry to hear about his loss. I read the same article. I was wondering if you knew of any other impending Japanese free agents who might come over to MLB next year? I know about Kaz, of course.
Other Possible Free Agents
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Mar 26, 2003 12:41 PM | HT Fan ]

It's really too early to tell in terms of free agents. There's a good chance Tadahito Iguchi and Akinori Ohtsuka will be posted after this season. Both Akinori Iwamura and Kenji Johjima have expressed an interest in playing in North America as well, but I'd be very surprised if either one was posted this fall; 2004 is more likely.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.