Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tuffy Rhodes Released and Retires

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Tuffy Rhodes Released and Retires
Tuffy Rhodes has been released by the Cinncinatti Reds after batting .222 in 12 games as a non-roster invitee. He has announced his retirement from baseball. From the Reds' web site:
Rhodes retires: Outfielder Tuffy Rhodes' bid to return to the Major Leagues has ended.

The Reds released Rhodes as part of six roster cuts made Sunday morning. The 37-year-old Cincinnati native, a 1986 Western Hills High School graduate, has decided to retire to his home in the Houston area.

"I'm going to be a father, that's it," said Rhodes, who hit 360 home runs while starring the last 10 seasons in Japanese baseball. "I'm happy to have gotten a chance. Of course, I wanted to play a little longer. I can sleep at night knowing I did my best."

Rhodes batted .222 in 12 games this spring as a non-roster invitee.

Comments
Re: Tuffy Rhodes Released and Retires
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 21, 2006 9:21 AM | CLM Fan ]

A big thank you to Tuffy for such an amazing career. He helped develop Japanese baseball into what it is today. He can watch the WBC final today and smile knowing that.
Re: Tuffy Rhodes Released and Retires
[ Author: Guest: semajllibfonaf | Posted: Mar 24, 2006 9:38 PM ]

Thanks Tuffy! Hope to see you in the NPB Hall of fame, someday!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.