Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Fighters Release Knight, Almonte

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Fighters Release Knight, Almonte
The Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters have released right handed pitcher Brandon Knight. Knight was a disappointment with the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks for two seasons but the Fighters hoped he would be the Knight in Shining Armor. However he was 0-2 with a 11.12 ERA in eight games.

Meanwhile, the short-lived Erick Almonte era ended as the infielder was also dumped by the Fighters. In 34 games he had three home runs with a .193 average.
Comments
Re: Fighters Release Knight, Almonte
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 3:42 AM ]

It's a shame. These two guys were two of my favorite Yankee prospects and I have been following them since they went over there. I was happy for Almonte when Cleveland sold his contract to the Fighters, hopeful that he would get some playing time.

Good luck to both of them.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.