Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Results of 2000 Tokyo-Hiroshima Exhibition (Suntory Cup?)

Discussion in the Pro Yakyu History forum
Results of 2000 Tokyo-Hiroshima Exhibition (Suntory Cup?)
I'm trying to track down the results of a game Tokyo played against Hiroshima on March 17, 2000. Googling so far has not been successful. Is there any place you can suggest I try to find the final score?

I do read Japanese, albeit slowly.

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Results of 2000 Tokyo-Hiroshima Exhibition (Suntory Cup?)
[ Author: Guest: Michael Eng | Posted: Sep 15, 2005 8:49 AM ]

This page has the Carps' open-sen results for 2000.

According to it they did not play a game on March 17th. On the 7th, they lost to the Giants 2 - 1 at Kurashiki.

Hope this helps.
Re: Results of 2000 Tokyo-Hiroshima Exhibition (Suntory Cup?)
[ Author: Guest: angela germano | Posted: Sep 15, 2005 12:39 PM ]

Thanks! This is great. Do you know of similar sites for other teams? I've tracked down scores and schedules for regular games in 2000, but not exhibition games.

Angela

(BTW, I normally use Firefox for my browser, but it coughed on reading that page, even when I selected Unicode and Japanese for encoding. Guess IE is still the better browser some times. It figured out the encoding automatically no problem.)
FireFox on Carp Site
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 15, 2005 1:29 PM | YBS Fan ]

I had no problem viewing the page in Japanese with FireFox. Do you have your character encodings set to "Japanese Auto-detect"?

[View]-[Character Encoding]-[Auto-detect]-[Japanese]

That particular site's encoding is ISO-2022-JP, the default "old standard" encoding for most Japanese web sites run on UNIX-based servers, which includes most academic institutions. But I'll refrain from talking shop any further.
Re: 2000 Open-sen Results
[ Author: Guest: Michael Eng | Posted: Sep 19, 2005 3:07 AM ]

Two more sites: Asahi Net [in Japanese] has daily scores, while InfoSeek Japan [also in Japanese] has an team-by-team overview and standings.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.