Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Chia-An Huang Reappears!

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Chia-An Huang Reappears!
Apparently, the rumors of him on the run for various resaons seem to be false. The kid has been staying in this home with his family for the past few months.

he hasn't returned to report to his team mainly because of pressure. he says that his shoulder injury is troubling him and it can be seen that he is kind of emotional right now.

However, he has gone way out of shape in the past few months. He is now over 100KG.

Because of his current physical condition and lack of practice, his pitches have gone way down hill. His once 150+km pitches are down to just over 120km.

he is training with his younger brother at his old school and hopes to return to america by the end of the month.

Comments
Re: Chia-An Huang Reappears!
[ Author: Guest: Hao | Posted: Jun 21, 2006 1:54 AM ]

From what I've understood, Chia-An is still missing and no one in Taiwan can locate him. Is that true?

Hao
[ Author: Guest: Smith | Posted: Jun 24, 2006 4:49 AM ]

Huang is in Peoria getting ready to pitch in Arizona Rookie League. I guess you have bad [or outdated] information!
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jun 24, 2006 8:46 AM | SFT Fan ]

Right now, the Arizona League has just started and Huang is yet to be assigned to the Arizona League by Seattle. [Arizona Mariners Roster]
[ Author: Maos.W | Posted: Jul 8, 2006 9:49 AM | SL Fan ]

To Smith,

I was only restating what I saw on a television interview with Huang 3 months ago. Things change.
[ Author: Guest: Winstead | Posted: Sep 6, 2006 10:39 AM ]

Well, what's up with Huang now? recovering from injuries still?
[ Author: Guest: J | Posted: Oct 17, 2006 1:42 PM ]

The last I heard, Huang was having issues with his work visa and getting to the U.S., so the Mariners decided to let him stay in Taiwan for the season and work out there, since he wouldn't have time to get into shape before the end of Peoria's season.

He should be back by spring training, or at least I hope so.
[ Author: Guest: J | Posted: Feb 15, 2007 3:37 PM ]

... or perhaps not.

It seems as if Huang has to do his military service [China Times - in Chinese] now.
[ Author: Guest: bigdaub | Posted: Mar 8, 2007 4:09 AM ]

It seems like Huang is not placing baseball as his top priority. He could've reported to Mariners' camp and find ways around the military obligation, but decided to skip out on baseball and serve instead. Not sure if he's just patriotic or having second thoughts about baseball.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 8, 2007 8:04 AM | YBS Fan ]

Korea already had a big scandal about baseball players skipping out on their military duty. I don't think that Taiwan needs any more baseball player related scandals.
[ Author: Guest: J | Posted: Mar 8, 2007 8:32 AM ]

If the service manages to teach him a little discipline, I wouldn't mind so much. Right now, word out of the M's camp is that they're not too happy about it. Considering they spent $710,000 to sign him, they have every right to be upset, but they're probably not willing to let an investment that big slip away just yet, so they may still give him another chance.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.