Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tetsu Yofu returns to CPBL

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Tetsu Yofu returns to CPBL
It's going to be interesting to watch the Chinese Professional Baseball League in 2006. After failing to catch on in the Major Leagues with the Chicago White Sox, 33 year old right handed pitcher Tetsu Yofu is returning to the CPBL with the Brother Elephants. In 2001 Yofu was 11-10-1 with 1 save and a 2.21 ERA in 31 games with the Elephants.
Comments
Re: Tetsu Yofu Returns to CPBL
[ Author: Guest: will flynt | Posted: Jan 26, 2006 8:42 AM ]

It's nice to see the CPBL keeping with their tradition of lying, cheating, stealing and bringing back a pitcher who was suspended last season for steroids.

It is so disapponting to see how far the CPBL has fallen since my first year back in 1993. I wish it was still the league of old, the best league and place I ever played.
Re: Tetsu Yofu Returns to CPBL
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Jan 27, 2006 11:03 AM | YOK Fan ]

Yeah, during your time the CPBL was definitely in its heyday. A lot of good players are out of the game because some defected to the TML or were caught gambling. Teams such as the Weichuan Dragons attracted a huge following but they're out of the league now.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.