Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Alex Cabrera To Yankees?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Alex Cabrera To Yankees?
I read in a Venezuelan newspaper that said that George Steinbrenner offered Seibu $ 10,000,000 for Alex Cabrera, but I have not read anithing in the Japanese press.

Do you have some information about this press release?

Thanks,

Luis Raul Villamizar
Comments
Re: Alex Cabrera To Yankees?
[ Author: Guest: Thomas A | Posted: Nov 9, 2004 3:37 AM ]

I saw some talk about the Yankees trading A-Rod for some players including Miguel Cabrera, but nothing on Alex Cabrera. Plus that amount of money doesn't make sense.
Re: Alex Cabrera To Yankees?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 25, 2004 11:35 PM ]

Yea, George wouldn't offer 10 million for a player who was never successful in the Majors and isn't really heard of here. Maybe for a smaller price he might, but nothing like that has been reported here, nor was anything about trading A-Rod in a deal involving Miguel.

But who knows? When it comes to George, anything can happen.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.