Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pedro to sign with Toronto?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Pedro to sign with Toronto?
Pedro has said he will test free agency after this season. He said of Jzone (which is a show in Canada that tells a wrap-up of the Jays in that week) that he likes to pitch a Skydome, and with Delgado gone (maybe) the Jays will have enough money to sign the pitcher. Do you guys think its likely?

[Admin: You are referring to Daiei's Pedro Valdes, right? How does he qualify for free agency?]
Comments
Re: Pedro to sign with Toronto?
[ Author: Guest: Stevie | Posted: Jul 2, 2004 6:11 AM ]

Is Daiei's Pedro Valdes a pitcher? I was under the impression he played in the outfield. If the Jays have to give up Carlos Delgado in order to pay an NPB outfielder to come pitch for them, I'd have to downsize Toronto out of MLB for "above-average incompetence." *grin*

I'd assume Tony's talking about the Boston Red Sox's Pedro Martinez, but maybe you already know that. Of course, how Pedro Martinez considering a move to Toronto has anything to do with NPB players coming to MLB, I have no idea.

- Stevie
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Jul 2, 2004 6:57 AM ]

No, dude, this guy Tony is talking about the only Pedro of any magnitude in baseball, and that's the one and only Pedro Martinez of the BoSox. Notice how he said "likes to pitch at Skydome... enough money to sign the pitcher."

I don't know why this guy is writing about Pedro Martinez on this message board, but to mistake Pedro Martinez for Pedro Valdez is pretty funny also.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 2, 2004 8:45 AM | YBS Fan ]

I see that a couple of you got one of the two points I was trying to make:
  1. MLB-MLB rumors don't belong here (there are plenty of MLB specific boards around), and

2. When mentioning a player at the start of a thread, unless the name is very unique (I admit, Pedro Martinez immidiately came to mind, but there is a Pedro in NPB) specify a team to clarify who you're talking about.
[ Author: Guest: Tony | Posted: Jul 5, 2004 2:24 AM ]

Sorry to all that said this topic doesn't belong here. But I am talking about Pedro Martinez of the Boston Red Sox, and that he might sign with Toronto at the season's end.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.