Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kosuke Fukudome Splits?

Discussion in the Rumor Mill forum
Kosuke Fukudome Splits?
Anyone got splits for 2006 and 2007 for this guy?

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Kosuke Fukudome Splits?
[ Author: Guest: M&M | Posted: Oct 9, 2007 3:42 AM ]

Fukudome's numbers were way down in 2007 due to injury. I haven't seen his name in a box score since July.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:57 AM | YBS Fan ]

Pitcher Batting  BA   PA  AB  H 2B 3B HR RBI  K  BB HBP SH SF DP
Right Left .303 205 152 46 16 0 5 26 34 47 3 0 3 3
Left Left .282 143 117 33 6 0 8 22 32 22 3 0 1 2
[ Author: Tokyo Sox | Posted: Oct 9, 2007 3:45 PM | TYS Fan ]

Yahoo.co.jp seems to be one of the very few sites that contains this info, albeit in Japanese. I remember in the off season they had 3-year L/R splits for hitters and pitchers, but once the season started they just reverted to in-season stats, which was far less helpful (for sample size reasons). I hope they'll go back to the updated 3-year #'s in a few weeks, we'll see.

Westbay-san, is your source something other than Yahoo or your own files? I think I asked a similar splits question last off season, and the answer was that they are generally pretty hard to find.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 10, 2007 12:13 AM | YBS Fan ]

Sorry, I forgot to site the source. I should be more careful about that.

I got the above splits from Sports@Nifty. I haven't found splits for previous seasons, only the current one. If anyone knows of such, please let us know.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.