Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

CPBL Spring Training Update

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
CPBL Spring Training Update
Here's your CPBL update:

The Makoto Cobras are no more. The team has been sold and will most likely be renamed the Jiuhe Dragons.

Meanwhile the Brother Elephants are testing pitchers David Glick, Nicholas Bierbrodt, and Justin Reid. I like the fact that these guys are in their prime (around 30 years of age). Reid spent 2006 at Triple-A while both Glick and Bierbrodt were in the independent leagues.

The President Lions are testing pitchers Rob Cordemans, Bill Pulsipher, and infielder Tilson Brito. Cordemans pitched for the Netherlands at the World Baseball Classic.

The Chinatrust Whales will test outfielder Mike Lockwood and pitchers Isabel Giron and Dario Veras. The Whales will also have their own minor league team this season.

Of course the Sinon Bulls are testing pitchers Hiroshi Shibakusa and Tomokazu Iba.
Comments
Re: CPBL Spring Training Update
[ Author: Guest: mets21fan | Posted: Feb 8, 2007 8:24 AM ]

Does this mean that Bill Pulsipher may return to the President Lions again this year? I had heard he was not going overseas and my be done with baseball all together; but have lost track since he left Puerto Rico and the Arecibo Lobos at the end of their season.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Feb 11, 2007 2:35 PM | SFT Fan ]

As with the other topic, can anyone out there confirm or update us on if these teams have decided to extend a contract to any of Glick, Bierbrodt, Reid, Cordemans, Pulsipher, Brito, Lockwood, Giron, or Veras (mentioned above as trying out) or not? Once again much thanks.
[ Author: Guest: bigdaub | Posted: Mar 8, 2007 4:11 AM ]

The Macoto Cobras will not have a name change for the 2007 season.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 8, 2007 8:01 AM | YBS Fan ]

- The Macoto Cobras will not have a name change for the 2007 season.

Yea, I thought that this article was rather humorous about the players needing to get their old Macoto Cobras gear back after giving it all away to family and friends.
[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Mar 8, 2007 9:14 AM | HNHF Fan ]

Now the players get to find out just how close their friends really are!

I wonder if they have to pay for it out of their salary if they can't get it back! LOL.
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Mar 12, 2007 3:15 PM | SL Fan ]

Hey, will we ever see the three Lions at the Asia Series? That'd be really unlikely, but extremely neat. President Lions did well in the first half last year but finishied last in the second half.
[ Author: bigdaub | Posted: Mar 15, 2007 11:06 PM ]

I guess it's possible.

In Taiwan, the Uni-President Lions has always been a good team, but I think it'll be tough for them for the next few years as the La New Bears will likely dominate the league for the next few years.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.