Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sano, Tanishige, and Kawajiri

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Sano, Tanishige, and Kawajiri
About 2 years ago there were rumors of Shigeki Sano, Motonobu Tanishige, and Tetsuro Kawajiri coming to MLB. Sano appearantly didn't make the Dodgers' roster so he went on to play somewhere else. Just wondering if any possibilities of those three players coming to the MLB within the next year or two.

Also, is Norihiro Nakamura going to retire as a NPB player?
Comments
Re: Sano, Tanishige, and Kawajiri
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Jan 6, 2004 12:37 PM | HT Fan ]

Tanishige worked out for the Mariners (and I believe the Tigers), but was politely sent home. He has since signed with Chunichi and enjoyed two productive seasons. I doubt we'll ever see him in MLB.

Kawajiri's request to be posted was denied by Hanshin, and he subsequently hasn't spent a full season at ichi-gun since 2001. He was traded to Kintetsu a few months ago, and should be given the chance to revive his career. He's not getting any younger, so it's also unlikely that he'll ever pitch in MLB.

Nakamura had knee surgery in the off-season and has begun rehab on it. I believe he will be ready by opening day. Look for him to have a bounce-back season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.