Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Next Player to U.S.A. after Kaz Matsui?

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Next Player to U.S.A. after Kaz Matsui?
Who is the next player from Japan to jump to the Major Leagues after Kazuo Matsui?
Comments
Re: Next Player to U.S.A. after Kaz Matsui?
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Nov 20, 2003 11:01 AM | HT Fan ]

Chunichi's Otsuka is being posted.
Ohtsuka to San Diego
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 20, 2003 1:17 PM | YBS Fan ]

Yes, while it's still not official, rumor has it that the Padres posted 3,300-man yen (USD 300,000) for the right to negotiate with Ohtsuka. Upon hearing the news while training in Osaka, Ohtsuka lifted both hands in the air in a "guts pose," overjoyed that he'll be heading to the Majors next season. Ohtsuka commented,
"It's an unknown world, but I want to try many things. I want to face Bonds and (Alex) Rodrigez. Ah, it'd be good to face Ichiro and Matsui as well, whouldn't it?"

Ohtsuka is very excited about finally getting the chance to pursue his dream.

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.