Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

KBO Post-Season Attendance

Discussion in the KBO News forum
KBO Post-Season Attendance
Korean Baseball Organization post-season attendance is at the higehest level since 1998 accoding to Cho Jin-seo writing in the October 20, 2004 Korea Times [Link]

Attendace is averaging 19,549 per game in the six playoff games held in Seoul, Kwangju, and Taegu. Seoul's Chamsil Stadium had two capcity crowds of 30,500 and a capacity of 12,280 attended a game at Kwanju.

Regular season attendance reached an all-time low of 4,384 on average, partially due to the draft-dodging scandal. The highest regualr season average total in the 23 year history of the KBO was 10,727 in 1995.

[By admin: I can't pull up the article, but assume that the 4,384 and 10,727 are averages, not grand totals. Updated article to make that clear.]
Comments
Re: KBO Post-Season Attendance
[ Author: Guest: newboy | Posted: Nov 11, 2005 1:18 AM ]

Are there any attendance figures for 2005 in KBO? I believe there has been a significant improvement.
[ Author: Guest: newboy | Posted: Nov 12, 2005 12:37 AM ]

Thank you Dan. I appreciate your reply.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.