Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Korean Baseball Schedule?

Discussion in the KBO News forum
Korean Baseball Schedule?
Is it true that the baseball schedules in Korea won't be determined until after the Korean baseball team plays in the qualifiers for the Beijing Olympics?

I thought that I read that if they make the Olympics, then they will have a 3 week layoff so the Korean National team can prepare and play in the games. Is this the reason for the delay on posting the regular season schedule?

Please reply with any information on this topic.
Comments
Re: Korean Baseball Schedule?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 24, 2008 6:13 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, I hadn't found any 2008 schedules on the official KBO site yet, so that may be. The only thing I was able to find about schedules was this article about Olympic qualifying schedules involving Korea [Google translation]. But since I don't really read Korean (I only pretend to with the help of some scripts), I may be missing something.
[ Author: Guest: Shinsano | Posted: Feb 26, 2008 9:26 AM ]

I haven't read anything about this specifically, but I'm sure that's the deal. My guess is that they've worked out two versions and just won't make it official until the team has qualified. If the team doesn't qualify they may very well just cancel baseball from the country entirely.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 29, 2008 10:50 PM | YBS Fan ]

This Joong Ang Daily article [in English] says:
In other baseball news yesterday, the KBO announced the schedule for the 2008 season. Opening Day is scheduled for March 29. The Beijing Olympics forced the KBO's first March start in 22 years. The top four teams from last season will host the bottom four clubs on opening day.

Each team will play 126 games and all weekday games will start at 6:30 p.m. From March to May, weekend and holiday games will start at 2 p.m., and from June to October, games will begin at 5 p.m.
So the schedules have now been announced. If anyone finds them in English anywhere, please feel free to post them.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.