Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Seo Linked to Tigers

Discussion in the KBO News forum
Seo Linked to Tigers
With his hopes of reviving his Major League Baseball (MLB) career hanging by a thread, Tampa Bay Devil Rays starter Seo Jae-weong is reportedly turning his eyes toward his home country.

[Full Article: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2007/10/136_12558.html]
Comments
Re: Seo Linked to Tigers
[ Author: NelsonChung | Posted: Oct 31, 2007 10:49 PM | NIP Fan ]

What is a "vernacular daily"? Or shall I say, what is not a "vernacular daily"?
Re: Seo Linked to Tigers
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 31, 2007 11:46 PM | YBS Fan ]

I would venture to guess that it's the native Korean language paper, as opposed to an English spin off of the paper. Similar to how Yomiuri Shimbun in Japan is the native vernacular daily, while The Daily Yomiuri is published in a foreign language (English).

In the case of the article in question, The Korea Times, reporting on the article in Sports Hankook, is not a vernacular daily, as it is not written in the local language.

Well, that's how I understand it, anyway.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.