Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

New 2007 KBO Foreign Players

Discussion in the KBO News forum
New 2007 KBO Foreign Players
Here is a partial list of the new foreign players for the 2007 Korea Baseball Organization season:

SK Wyverns: P Mike Romano, P Kenny Rayborn
KIA Tigers: OF Larry Sutton
Samsung Lions: P Kris Wilson
Doosan Bears: P Matt Randel, P Daniel Rios

Randel and Rios aren't newcomers but I'm sure they'll be back with the Bears after they both had good seasons. Sutton moves to the Tigers from the Hyundai Unicorns.
Comments
Re: New 2007 KBO Foreign Players
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Jan 5, 2007 9:11 AM | YOK Fan ]

LG Twins: P Tim Harrikala, OF Pedro Valdes
KIA Tigers: P Seth Etherton
Hanwha Eagles: P Cedrick Bowers
Samsung Lions: P Jamie Brown
Lotte Giants: P Jose Cabrera, OF Felix Jose

*The Lotte Giants have signed Daegu native Kim Il-Yop. The 27 year old right handed pitcher was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Philadelphia Phillies in 2001.
[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Jan 5, 2007 10:08 PM | HNHF Fan ]

I see Lotte didn't fare too well last year. Will Kim help their pitching? Was pitching their biggest concern last year?

Cabrera is a great pick-up for Lotte, IMO.
[ Author: pigskins15 | Posted: Jan 7, 2007 9:41 PM | YBS Fan ]

Wow, Cedric Bowers is now in the KBO. He was a good pitcher for the BayStars and I thought he would be around for a long time. He is a great lefty pitcher and I hope him all the best in Korea.
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Jan 12, 2007 6:19 AM | YOK Fan ]

Relief pitching was the Giants' Achilles heal last season. Cabrera should definitely help them out in that department.

After losing Larry Sutton to the Tigers the Unicorns have signed former Orix Buffaloes outfielder Cliff Brumbaugh to a one-year contract worth $300,000 U.S. Mickey Callaway will also be staying with the Unicorns for an annual salary of $380,000 U.S.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.