Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

How to write baseball in Korean

Discussion in the KBO News forum
How to write baseball in Korean
How do you write the following English statemant in Korean?

"Let's go play baseball."
Comments
Re: How to write baseball in Korean
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 1, 2003 3:32 PM | HT Fan ]

- How do you write "Let's go play baseball" in Korean?

I'm very rusty, but I think the phrase would be something like "Yagu haja" (sorta like "yakyu shiyo" in Japanese). I could be way off the mark, tho'.

I can post the Korean characters, but would they display properly Westbaystars-san?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 1, 2003 5:21 PM | YBS Fan ]

- I can post the Korean characters, but would they display properly Westbaystars-san?

I'm not sure. There doesn't appear to be anything preventing it on the server side output stream encoding or with a meta-tag. So if the browser recognizes it, it should work. My browser is set on Japanese auto-detect, and I haven't had any problems posting/viewing Japanese characters, and haven't heard of any problems from anyone else. Cutting and pasting from the English version of MS Word causes more trouble (single and double quotes become strange Kanji). I may have to change my browser's encoding to view the page, but it should work.

Go ahead and experiment. I'm curious as to whether or not it'll work myself. Maybe I need to do some tweaking on the server side to make everything served in Unicode to prevent future encoding clashing.

This is a very good question.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: May 2, 2003 1:37 PM | HT Fan ]

After all that, the only PC in the office with Korean Writer installed has been removed. Sorry for the anticlimax.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.