Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Banzai Babe Ruth Review?

Discussion in the Book Reviews forum
Banzai Babe Ruth Review?
It's fresh off the presses, but just curious if anyone has read the new Fitts' book Banzai Babe Ruth? I've liked everything he's written, but would nice to see a review before investing in it. Just one review on Amazon so far, but that got 5 stars.
Comments
Re: Banzai Babe Ruth Review?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 16, 2012 11:15 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm waiting for the e-book release. My book shelves are liable to make my house collapse in the near future. I'm finding that I enjoy reading on my iPad much more than from dead trees.

Once it is available in an e-book format, I'll be more than happy to purchase a copy for my ever growing digital book shelf.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Feb 17, 2012 9:32 AM ]

Agreed with the e-reader comment. I've already requested a Kindle version through the publisher at Amazon.com. I hope everyone here does the same.
[ Author: Guest: Rob fitts | Posted: Feb 20, 2012 6:03 AM ]

Hi guys,

"Banzai" has been reviewed in Publishers Weekly and several other publications. Please go to banzaibaberuth.com for the links. The e-book should be available later this year, but I don't have a date yet. Nebraska did a beautiful job with the book - high quality paper, nice photos, strong binding. The hardcover would be preferable to an e-book in this case, in my opinion
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 11, 2012 6:09 PM ]

The good news is the book is available on Kindle now. The bad news is it's much more expensive than a typical e-book. But of course the excerpt was really interesting. Might invest in the hardcover.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.