Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Are Kazuhisa Ishii and Hirotoshi Ishii related?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Are Kazuhisa Ishii and Hirotoshi Ishii related?
Hello, I'm new to the fan forum.

I have been looking at the web site for stat information regarding many of the Japanese players who have gone on to play in Major League Baseball. I find the site to be be informative and convenient for English speaking fans.

I have a question regarding Swallows' pithers Kazuhisa Ishii and Hirotoshi Ishii. I am wondering if they are related because they both are from Chiba, and both are left handed pitchers with the same surname (and both drafted by the Swallows).

Thank you for the clarification.
Comments
Re: Are Kazuhisa Ishii and Hirotoshi Ishii related?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 4, 2004 6:20 PM | YBS Fan ]

I don't think so. The last related players (besides the second Hodges this season) to get a lot of attention were the Iriki brothers.

Ishii is a very common name. You can see a lot of other common names on the players page. For the most part, not related.

I remember hearing that one player this year had a grandfather in professional baseball in the early years. But the name doesn't come to me right now. This might be an interesting topic for someone to pursue.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.