Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2004 Preseason Schedule

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2004 Preseason Schedule
FAQ says this will be posted by February, but I can't wait that long to make plans in Tokyo for March. Would someone who reads Japanese check out the following link for me? [NPB Preseason Schedule - npb.or.jp]

I will be in Tokyo March 10-13. Is there any chance I can see a game? If I understand the schedule, there are no games in Tokyo during that time, but home games in the area at Chiba on the 11th and 13th and Yokohama on 12th and 13th. Is this correct?

Any idea what time the games are?

Thanks.
Comments
Re: 2004 Preseason Schedule
[ Author: Guest: ojayc | Posted: Jan 3, 2004 9:52 AM ]

OK so on the 11th you have the Marines v. Yokohama in Chiba. These teams then play again in Yokohama on the 12th. On the 13th the Marines play the Lions in Chiba while the BayStars host the Fighters.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest: Bob Bavasi | Posted: Jan 18, 2004 5:23 PM ]

Steve,

We just posted the pre-season schedule with game times in English at www.JapanBall.com.

Bob
[ Author: Guest: Another Steve | Posted: Feb 6, 2004 1:12 PM ]

Thanks for the helpful information. Great site.

Does anyone know where I can find a spring training schedule? Hope to go to Okinawa the weekend of Feb. 14th.

Thanks.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Gribbins | Posted: Feb 6, 2004 5:34 PM ]

It looks like the Tigers and Fighters will be scrimmaging on February 14 and 15 in Ginoza and Nago. I have been to all the camps this week, and that is the only thing I hear for that weekend.

I hope it helps.

Jim
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.