Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

althetiger@hotmail.com

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
althetiger@hotmail.com
Hello,

My name is Alain Usereau and I am a member of the Society for American Baseball Research. I am currently working on establishing a database on baseball brawls, fights and events of that kind. I'd like to have some info about such incidents that happened in Japan through the years (as far back as possible). I have information on over 1,300 events of that kind, but most of them are from the U.S. and I am trying now to have information about brawls that occurred in other professional leagues.

Thanks for your help.

Alain Usereau
Comments
Re: Brawls
[ Author: Guest: puddin head | Posted: Apr 8, 2007 6:12 PM ]

Not that there is anything "funny" about a brawl, but it was ironic when, in 2005, Tyrone Woods of the Dragons charged the mound on Children's Day, of all occasions. The Tyrone-a-saurus got the heave-ho for the next ten games immediately ... no baloney about appeals or any of the stuff we usually get in the USA.

Julio Zuleta seems to be a very ill tempered individual and has had several instances of mound charging in Japan, sorry to say.
Re: Brawls
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Apr 9, 2007 1:44 AM | SFT Fan ]

Some more big brawls include the Takeshi Yamasaki and Balvino Galvez [Youtube] brawl back in 1996. Also while not a brawl, Galvez was involved in a incident [Youtube] where he threw a ball at an umpire in 1998.

Another famous one is one Danny Gladden was involved in back in 1994 which resulted in a rules change in NPB, where any bean balls will result in the automatic ejection of the pitcher.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.