Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Minor League Statistics

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Minor League Statistics
Does anyone know where I could find Japanese minor league statistics? Thanks very much for your help.
Comments
Re: Minor League Statistics
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 25, 2007 11:56 AM | NIP Fan ]

NPB has the minor league stats up for the last few years on their site: 2005, 2006. Some teams (Carp, Fighters, Giants) also have minor league stats with major league stats on their individual player pages on the official sites.

(I'm sure there are better places; those are the ones that jump to mind off the top of my head.)
[ Author: Guest: Rob | Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:06 AM ]

Thanks very much Deanna, I appreciate it!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 9, 2007 4:30 AM ]

Are there any places, other than the NPB site, with more detailed ni-gun stats? I'm specifically looking for pitcher stats for ni-gun that include hits allowed, home runs allowed, and (optionally) batters faced for each pitcher. Thanks in advance, if anyone can help.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 9, 2007 9:09 AM | YBS Fan ]

If you want the data for past seasons, the above fields are all available in the yearly "Record Book" published by Baseball Magazine Sha. I can key in those for a few specific players back to 1995 if you like.

If it's live stats for the season you want, NPB-BIS has Eastern League Pitchers and Western League Pitchers for those who have thrown at least 0.8 x team games innings. Those pages have both hits and home runs allowed, but not batters faced. (Hits + walks + strike outs will get you close - just missing sacrifices and errors.)

I'd tried a number of the teams' pages that actually put farm information up on their sites, but hadn't found anything nearly as complete as the NPB site. I don't think that any of the teams really know how to use their NPB-BIS terminals (which, from what I've gathered from some who have access to them, are intentionally setup to prevent easily copying the information to other systems).
[ Author: Guest: murmur13 | Posted: Apr 10, 2007 1:16 PM ]

Thanks for the offer. I'm developing a NPB roster set for Out of the Park Baseball 2007. I've already setup a historical database for the game, using NPB stats from your's and Michael Eng's databases. The stats were excellent, and the database is working great in allowing people to play a historical NPB (alongside a historical MLB) from 1958 to present. Thanks for having such a great database!

I'm also trying to develop a 2007 roster set with accurate majors and ni-gun. I've been using ni-gun stats from '05 and '06 to generate player ratings as well. I've used the NPB-BIS site to cull batting statistics to use. But as for pitching stats, the hits and HRs allowed are necessary, hence the request. If they're not readily available on the web from those years, then that's OK.

Thanks again for the offer, and for having such a great database up on the site.
[ Author: Guest: murmur13 | Posted: Apr 11, 2007 2:20 AM ]

Oh, and one more related question. Is there a list of the top prospects in NPB? Sort of like Baseball America's top 100 prospects list, but for NPB? Thanks in advance.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.