Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Omar Linares

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Omar Linares
Gary Garland's Baseball Guru's column a few weeks ago hinted that Omar Linares was thinking of retiring from the Dragons because of injuries. Does anyone know if he actually did?

Anyone know if anybody made a baseball card of him with Chunichi?

Thanks,

Dave
Comments
Re: Omar Linares
[ Author: scottboa | Posted: Mar 26, 2003 5:21 AM ]

Let me know if you find a card of Omar Linares with Chunichi. I would love to get one. (Preferably PSA 10.)

Scott Boa
scottboa at canada dot com
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Mar 23, 2004 10:12 AM | CHU Fan ]

Answering my own question a year later:

Apparantly, whatever deal the Cuban government made with NPB did not include a licensing agreement that would allow Linares to appear in the BBM or Calbee sets. However, Chunichi Sports put out a deck of playing cards to celebrate their 50th anniversary that feature pictures of Dragons players on them. The 9 of Clubs is Linares. This appears to be his only card in a Dragons' uniform.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Mar 24, 2004 12:02 AM ]

You could look at RobsJapaneseCards.com or inquire with Rob Fitts at that site about any Linares cards.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.