Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Capping of Games?

Discussion in the Media Guide forum
Capping of Games?
I have seen a lot of sport forum sites that have capping of games. I was wondering if people who live in Japan are willing to cap games that they feel are worth watching and post them up for download? It would be a start for those who have never seen a NPB game.
Comments
Re: Capping of Games?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 18, 2007 1:40 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've never heard the term "capping" before with respect to games. But it sounds like you want people to record the games and post them. As much as I'd like to, I'd rather not get into trouble with the copyright owners. (If I could work out a way to do so legally, I would.)

Garland-san has a large list of online videos (mostly YouTube) to various Pro Yakyu scenes. Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?
[ Author: Guest: Leonard | Posted: Apr 18, 2007 10:27 PM ]

Thanks for the reply. Just a question on copyright, hope someone can answer it.

I understand that as there is no copyright on NPB in countries outside of Japan, if the game was posted on a foreign server, would there still be copyright problems?

Here is some information of how other sports forum sites are doing it. They post a link on their site to the game and never the game on their site, the game is usually on a private tracker where you have to register and log in to be able to get the game.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Apr 18, 2007 11:45 PM | HT Fan ]

- I understand that as there is no copyright on NPB in countries outside of Japan, if the game was posted on a foreign server, would there still be copyright problems?

Your understanding is incorrect. Under the Berne Convention and Universal Copyright Convention, works created in Japan are protected throughout the world (or at least in countries which have ratified the conventions). If the server were in Iran or Vietnam then it may be OK, but not the United States. The other sports forum sites are most likely acting in contravention of the law.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.