Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Only Stream Left for 2007

Discussion in the Media Guide forum
Only Stream Left for 2007
The only option for us guys outside Japan is this link.

Click on the 100k link around the bottom of the page and you can get a lower quality stream of Hawks home games. There's really no reason for them to have this stream anymore, so either Softbank forgot all about it or someone out there is looking out for us. Credit goes to Shinigami for not giving up on trying to find a stream.

As of typing this, Tuffy Rhodes just hit a homer. Welcome back, Tuffy!
Comments
Re: Only Stream Left for 2007
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 24, 2007 11:41 PM ]

Thanks!

Very appreciated.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 25, 2007 3:55 PM ]

Excellent find!

I just watched Wada dominate the Buffaloes for a 2-0 win. It is great to see Oh-kantoku back in the dugout.

(I checked my old Hawks link Saturday, and when it didn't work, I assumed there was no way to watch them this season.)

Again, thank you for your discovery!
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Mar 25, 2007 3:56 PM | NIP Fan ]

Awesome!

Just watched Tsuyoshi Wada own the Buffaloes over this stream. Even with the low quality, it's still good to have the audio feed if nothing else. And I could still see well enough to appreciate things like an awesome Matsunaka dive to snag a Sakaguchi liner. Lots of fun all around.

I have this bad feeling I'm going to have to go from being a closet Hawks fan to a real Hawks fan if they're the only team I can watch games live this year, though. I no longer have the whole "they beat down the Fighters" excuse.

(Fighters and Marines are still tied 0-0 going into the 10th, Glynn and Kobayashi have both gone the whole way as I write this. CRAZY.)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 26, 2007 12:44 AM ]

I might have good news for outside of Japan fans. Last night, between innings of the Hawks-Buffalos game, I did a little searching.

On PeerCast they were showing 3 Central League games!

I was able to watch parts of the Carp-Giants, Tigers-Swallows, and Dragons-BayStars games. I say parts because (like the past 2 years) since it is not a direct feed (it is a relay) I get disconnected about every 3 minutes (all I have to do is press the play button).

So my advice is to go to the PeerCast website, download the little software, and try it. In the meantime, I'll try to find a way to fix the connection problem (or even find a stream recorder).

By the way, I don't think they're only going to show the home games (Carp, Tigers, and Dragons).
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 27, 2007 3:55 AM | CLM Fan ]

I wouldn't get all lovey dovey with Softbank just yet. Sure, they have that stream for us to watch Hawks games on, but do you know who owns almost 50% of Yahoo! Japan? That's right, Softbank. They're the ones behind the whole Japan only streaming in the first place. Seems to me like they want to horde all the international audience to themselves, since it's a growing market and Japanese TV ratings are getting lower.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Mar 29, 2007 4:41 PM | SFT Fan ]

- There's really no reason for them to have this stream anymore, so either Softbank forgot all about it or someone out there is looking out for us.

This was left up for those outside of Japan by Softbank. There's even a small blurb there that says it's for people not in Japan.
[ Author: Guest: Passerby | Posted: Apr 3, 2007 12:50 PM ]

There seem to be Taiwanese P2P programs through which you can watch NPB games. Check out My P2P MLB, EU.

Usual caveats apply here. Deal with spyware and viruses, if any, at your own risk.
[ Author: snow_cow | Posted: Apr 28, 2007 1:51 PM | CLM Fan ]

I just figured out tonight that the Rakuten Eagles have live streaming broadcasts of all of their home games available for everyone, not just those living in Japan. Visit their website at http://tv.rakuten.co.jp/eagles.

As I mentioned, you can watch live streams of their games, which requires simple registration that you should be able to get through with some usage of babelfish, as well as archived broadcasts from previous games. Sure, the Eagles aren't one of NPB's top tier teams, but it's nice to see a team that's being progressive in Internet broadcasting, and this gives me a chance to see the Marines play live when they go on the road to play the Eagles.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 1, 2007 10:24 PM ]

Nice catch there! Thanks! It's nice to know that at least one team didn't forget about fans outside of Japan.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 12, 2007 10:19 PM ]

I don't think the Hawks feed works anymore. While there is indeed a "100k" mention on the page, it's not actually a link. There are some links to download Windows Media Player, though. It's a shame, since the Hawks games would be fun. The Rakuten page works fine, though.
[ Author: kaibutsu | Posted: Aug 17, 2007 10:27 AM | HT Fan ]

I think I have the Rakuten page signed up for, but I can't figure out where to login. :-P
[ Author: kaibutsu | Posted: Aug 23, 2007 8:00 PM | HT Fan ]

Success! I finally got one of these feeds to work. I just watched Jason Stanbridge of Softbank strike out Alex Cabrera of Seibu (ironically, neither native Japanese) with one out in the 5th for my first live NPB action. LOL.

The feed borders on terrible, but I don't care. I just thought I would share this moment with you all.

TomC
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.