Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Who should I cheer for?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Who should I cheer for?
Hi there,

I'm in Toronto, but I'm moving to Nagoya in March, and I'm looking forward to catching some Japanese baseball games. I sort of assumed that since I'm moving to Nagoya that I'd root for the Dragons. Is that generally how the Japanese choose their favorite team? If not, how should I choose, and do you have any suggestions for a favorite team?
Comments
Re: Who should I cheer for?
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 29, 2004 7:10 AM | HAN Fan ]

The Chunichi Dragons are a good team to root for. One way to choose a team is the geographical reason. Others choose a team because they work for or are loyal to the parent company of a team.

There was an earlier posting in this forum that posed a similar question entitled "Why do you root for your team?" [Link]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.