Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

New NPB Player Assessment System

Discussion in the NPB News forum
New NPB Player Assessment System
This story from NikkeiNet:
Rental server company Admiral Systems, Inc., announced yesterday [Feb. 7, 2005] that it plans to begin an NPB player evaluation service in March. The service will cover players from all twelve NPB teams that appear in games. Not only will the player evaluations display take into account regular stats such as RBIs, they will also reflect players' levels of contribution to and activeness in games, meaning service users will get an idea of players' competitiveness.

Admiral subsidiary Sports Ratings (Shinjuku, Tokyo) will unveil the website in March, and publish updated evaluations free of charge after the completion of each game. Detailed data will be sold to operators of portal sites as well as to NPB clubs as reference material for player salary assessments.

The service sees players awarded marks out of 100 for each game. In one example of the rating methods, a go-ahead home-run will receive a higher score than a regular home-run. Players will be rated on several hundred criteria.

The service will be operational in time or this year's open-sen pre-season games.

[From Editor: I was unable to find such an article on Nikkei Net. Is this a translation? Nikkei's news page for Admiral Systems, Inc. also lacks such a press release.]
Comments
Re: New NPB Player Assessment System
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Feb 8, 2005 11:33 AM | HT Fan ]

Sorry, I should have put in a link to the story (Japanese only, though it'll probably appear in English papers tomorrow). I think I found it in the Venture part of the Kigyo section - always on the look out for some shares that are gonna make me a zillionnaire.
Re: New NPB Player Assessment System
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Feb 8, 2005 5:45 PM | YAK Fan ]

I found another link to the story on Web Hochi (Japanese only).

From the above article, it lists the home page for the ratings system as www.sports-ratings.co.jp/, (Japanese only), but the site is still under construction, scheduled to open on March 1st.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.