Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Fukuoka Hawks Sale Approved

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Fukuoka Hawks Sale Approved
The owners formally approved the sale of the Hawks to SoftBank. They also unveiled the new logo. What do you think of the new logo? I read somewhere the yellow striped flag is the flag of Kyushu - is that true? What do you think of the prominent prominent "SoftBank" on the logo? [Link - Nikkan Sports Kyushu]
Comments
Re: Fukuoka Hawks Sale Approved
[ Author: InterestedAmericanObserver | Posted: Dec 25, 2004 2:31 PM ]

My fault - I had a bad translation. So, the yellow striped flag in the background is in honor of Sakamoto? I read that his flag was red, but Softbank changed it to yellow to represent their corporate colors.
[ Author: InterestedAmericanObserver | Posted: Dec 30, 2004 5:42 PM ]

Well, did Softbank put that flag there to link the Hawks with their company, because of the Sakamoto revolution, or both? My translation is rough, and I'm just learning my Japanese. Thanks and Happy Holidays!
[ Author: himself | Posted: Jan 7, 2005 9:21 AM | FSH Fan ]

Have they unveiled their new uniform as well?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.