Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Toni Batista a Hawk?

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Toni Batista a Hawk?
I'm trying to figure this Yahoo page out: Link. I'm not sure if Oh is just meeting with Batista since he's a free agent (Batista, not Oh ) or if he's more committed to sign.

If so, his wide open stance would make Tuffy Rhodes' stance look subtle.
Comments
Re: Toni Batista a Hawk?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Dec 21, 2004 11:00 PM ]

There are talks of the Hawks going after free agent Tony Batista. Tony Batista is a two-time All-Star, hit 41 HR's in 2001, good for 4th in the AL. Masashi Tsunoda, a Hawks' representative, said about Batista "We want a player who will serve as the core at infield, as well as one who can hit. I think we should narrow down our choice to him alone." The only other major league team I know that is interested in Batista is the Devil Rays. [Link - Japan Ball] [Link - Tampa Bay Online]
[ Author: Guest: Andrew | Posted: Dec 28, 2004 5:02 AM ]

Batista has an interesting approach at the plate. Other than his wide-open batting stance, he also rarely walks. He was the only player in MLB in 2004 to hit more than 30 HRs (32) and have fewer than 30 walks (26). [Link - Baseball Reference] [Link - Baseball Prospectus]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Dec 28, 2004 8:35 AM ]

- Batista has an interesting approach at the plate.

Batista has probably the most unique batting stance of any baseball player. When, Batista is on, everything is right. When it's not, Batista tends to overswing and miss.
[ Author: Guest: parisexpo | Posted: Dec 31, 2004 6:47 AM ]

Yes, it is sure that Tony Batista sign for 2 years at $15 million!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.